Friday, May 4, 2012

"The Avengers" - Review


"A is for Avengers, Assemble, and for the A rating!"

I've been excited for the "The Avengers" as soon as I heard plans of it years ago, year after year we were teased over it with multiple post-credits scenes. But the wait is no more, and it pretty much delivered to my expectations completely. It was a lot of fun, well-directed, and well-made. If you have a comic-geek in you, you'll love this film dearly. It has awesome special effects, a LOT of hilarious comic relief (so many great one-liners), and some of the best comic-fight scenes ever. The screen-time among all the characters was divided pretty evenly, in my opinion, and I was also pleasantly surprised at how much screen-time Black Widow received (yay! ♥). This really isn't a film that's strong in plot, but I really doubt there's ANY major fan who expects that. I pretty much received what I wanted: to see some of the coolest superheroes in an entertaining and action-packed popcorn film. It's definitely the most fun film of the year so far, and it officially kicked off the amazing line-up we have this year for summer blockbusters. Oh, and make sure you stay put until after the credits for the most unique Marvel post-film credits scene ever, it was great!

My rating: 4.5/5

P.S. - Afterwards, I bought 4 of these cool new blind bad collectibles called Marvel Grab Zags (you get 1 mystery figure), I ended up getting Captain America (who's the chase, or in this series, "ultra-rare" figure), Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor. I wanted Black Widow the most, so I was bummed about that! :( but the Pad Thai that followed somewhat made up for it. So a grand day for yours truly overall!. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment